Last month, the United States District Court for the Southern District of Iowa struck down the Iowa Ag-Gag law, holding that the ban on undercover investigations at factory farms and slaughterhouses violates the […]
The Animal Legal Defense Fund, the nation’s preeminent legal advocacy organization for animals, has released the 13th annual year-end U.S. Animal Protection Laws Rankings Report (2018), ranking the animal p […]
On December 4th, a coalition of public interest groups filed a lawsuit in the United States state of Kansas challenging the constitutionality of the state’s Ag-Gag law, which makes it a crime to document animal c […]
On Monday, December 17, the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals in San Francisco, California will hear oral arguments from the Animal Legal Defense Fund, the nation’s preeminent legal advocacy organization for a […]
Missouri has passed a law that prohibits many products, including plant-based and cellular meat, from identifying themselves as “meat.” The new legislation, which became effective on August 28, 2018, carries cri […]
It’s been just over a year since Loni Edwards’ beloved dog Chloe died due to medical error while undergoing a veterinary procedure at Blue Pearl veterinary hospital in Manhattan, and the passing of time has […]
The Animal Legal Defense Fund and the National Council of Juvenile and Family Court Judges (NCJFCJ) are pleased to announce a new partnership to address judicial response in United States court cases related to […]
- Birth Control for Pigeons Manages Urban Populations Humanely
- Rescued Dog Demonstrates the Power of Love
- Keeping Pets and People Together: Partnership Makes More Domestic Violence Shelters Pet Friendly
- What’s Inside Your Pet’s Bowl?
- Does Trophy Hunting in South Africa Really Benefit Conservation and Local Communities?
- An Indian Conservation Success Built on a Unique, Ancestral Relationship Between Humans and Tigers
- Racing Greyhounds Exported to China May Meet Horrendous Fates
- To Solve Pollinator Health Crisis, State Governments are Key, Study Finds
- Omid the Miracle Dog
- Pangolins in Peril
- Another Perspective on Fish, Part Three: Why and How Should We End Fishing?
- Brown University Medical School’s Lethal Animal Use Violates Federal Law