A simple light, airy and refreshing dessert to try.
– 2 packs of oreo ( or other biscuits ) – separate biscuit and icing
– 2 heaping tbsp vegan butter or margarine, melted.
– 3 bananas, sliced
– 3 heaping tbsp of brown sugar
– 1 tbsp of cornflour
– Vanilla and cinnamon to taste
– 1 heaping tbsp of vegan butter
– 1/2 cup of water
– a pinch of salt
– 1/2 cup of vegan whipping cream powder
– 1 cup of cold water
– 4 tbsp of coconut cream
– Oreo’s icing
– First layer: for the crust, mix crushed biscuit + melted butter until crumbly, then pat into container. You can put this in the oven for nicer texture, but I did not.
– Second layer: arrange 3/4 of the sliced banana on top of biscuit.
– Cooking the caramel sauce: boil half the water with brown sugar, a pinch of salt, vanilla, cinnamon and butter, stir until all dissolved. Mix cornflour with the remaining water and stir into the sugar mixture until bubbly, then remove from fire.
– Third layer: drizzle half of the caramel sauce on the sliced banana.
– Making the cream: in a bowl, mix cold water and powdered vegan whipping cream, beat into a peak. Then add in Oreo’s icing, coconut cream, vanilla and 1/4 of the sliced banana, beat everything again until smooth.
– The fourth layer: cover the layers with the cream, and finish with drizzled caramel on the top.
– Put the finished product into the fridge for 30 mins to 1 hour to set, then enjoy!
if i have the chance to make this again, for variation I would replace the oreo with sponge cake and brush it with malibu or pineapple cake then proceed with the rest of the layers above.
I mean “malibu or pineapple liquor “