Written by Andrew Rowan, DPhil, Chief Program Officer
The pet care (food, treats and veterinary care) market and dog and cat “homelessness” are related. It is in in interest of everyone, including animal NGOs […]
Animal advocates, rescue centres, all concerned people should campaign to end the trade in animals for pets. People should be encouraged to go to the rescue centres and never to buy from shops, traders or breeders. Otherwise we are continually mopping up instead of turning off the tap. There is too much suffering in the pet trade, and animals should not be bought and sold for the amusement of humans.
On 16 May (2019), the Sanger Institute outside Cambridge in the United Kingdom announced it would be closing its laboratory animal facility in the next few years. It came to this decision “following a rigorous r […]
Written by Dr. John Hadidian, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Center for Leadership in Global Sustainability.
By any account these are not good times for wild animals. Global climate […]
Written by Dr. John Hadidian, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Center for Leadership in Global Sustainability
Wildlife conservation had its beginning in the United States in the […]
- FOUR PAWS Closes Dog Slaughterhouse, Aids Owner Transition to Rice Farming
- Premarin Drugs Mean Life-Long Suffering for Horses
- Illegal Bear Bile Trade Persists in Peninsular Malaysia
- Researchers Show Noise Pollution is Threatening the Survival of a Number of Species
- Africa’s Elephants: My Call to Duty
- Bucking Tradition: Award-Winning Anti-Rodeo Short Film Available Online Now
- Are We in an Age of ‘Mass Extinction’?
- How to Have a Cruelty-Free Thanksgiving
- Euthanasia: The Quiz
- South Africa Reclassifies 33 Wild Species as “Farm Animals”
- Vietnamese Police Bust Large Dog Theft Ring
- The Save Movement: Bearing Witness to Animal Suffering