Over the past few years, news stories describing the decline in global wildlife have generally referenced the Living Planet Index (LPI), which is based on methodology developed by the World Wildlife Fund and the […]
At the beginning of this century, a review paper (Daszak et al, 2000) highlighted the importance of the consumption of wildlife as a major source of a series of dangerous new “emerging” pathogens.
The most wel […]
In the search to explain the world around us, there have been occasions where a particular set of observations produces a narrative that appears to provide an elegant explanation of what is happening, even though […]
Google Earth Pro, Imagery 2020 Lansat/Copernicus, Maxar Technologies, U.S Geological Survey, Map data 2020, Untied States, Key Largo, Fl, 25.219521,-80.323543
In the January 2020 issue of our Tales of […]
Written by Andrew Rowan, DPhil, Chief Program Officer
The pet care (food, treats and veterinary care) market and dog and cat “homelessness” are related. It is in in interest of everyone, including animal NGOs […]
Animal advocates, rescue centres, all concerned people should campaign to end the trade in animals for pets. People should be encouraged to go to the rescue centres and never to buy from shops, traders or breeders. Otherwise we are continually mopping up instead of turning off the tap. There is too much suffering in the pet trade, and animals should not be bought and sold for the amusement of humans.
On 16 May (2019), the Sanger Institute outside Cambridge in the United Kingdom announced it would be closing its laboratory animal facility in the next few years. It came to this decision “following a rigorous r […]
Written by Dr. John Hadidian, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Center for Leadership in Global Sustainability.
By any account these are not good times for wild animals. Global climate […]
Written by Dr. John Hadidian, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Center for Leadership in Global Sustainability
Wildlife conservation had its beginning in the United States in the […]
- Undercover Video Reveals Dirty Little Secret of Dog Racing
- OIPA Kenya Launches Ambitious Spay/Neuter Assistance and Rabies Vaccination Program
- Our Movement Can’t Be Effective Without Being Inclusive
- Reducing Wildlife Trafficking and Forest Loss Could Prevent Future Pandemics
- Conservation Activities Have Been Disrupted Globally by COVID-19 Lockdowns
- Intensive Animal Farming is “Single Most Risky Human Behavior” for Pandemics, Says Report
- Coalition Opposes Boom in Elephant Breeding in Thailand Amid Pandemic
- Empty the Cages! And Fill the Prisons?
- Over 400 Elephants Perish in Botswana Mystery Mass Die-off
- When Veganism Becomes Angry-ism
- Basic Income and Veganism
- Imagining a Vegan Superman