The following is a personal view by Virginia Bell, member of Catholic Action for Animals, a group of practicing Catholics dedicated to promoting respect for animals within the Catholic Church.
The planet is in […]
Epidemics like COVID-19 have come about because of the practice of farming and eating animals. This threat has been known for many years. So why haven’t we all stopped eating meat and dairy?
One might also say t […]
The following is a personal view by Virginia Bell, member of Catholic Action for Animals, a group of practising Catholics dedicated to promoting respect for animals within the Catholic Church.
“The last will b […]
I campaigned during 2016 for the Pope to condemn the bullfight. I asked caring people around the world to write to the Apostolic Nuncio (Pope’s representative) in their country, or to the Vatican, urging the P […]
(Image credit: Phil Chambers, used under CC BY-NC-ND 2.0)
Many people have emailed the Vatican Press Office as part of a campaign asking the Pope to condemn the bullfight. But these letters do not seem to be […]
(Featured image credit: Jo-Anne McArthur / We Animals)
May I appeal to you to join me in urging the Catholic Church to oppose the bullfight?
This campaign began with requests for tweets and Facebook posts. […]
(Featured image: altar carving of St. Francis and animals in a New York Catholic church. Photo credit Fr Lawrence Lew, O.P., used under CC BY-NC-ND 2.0)
Laudato Si week will soon be here (June 12-19). One way […]
(Featured image: Bull knocks over horse in Spanish bullfight. Credit Nathan Rupert, used under CC BY-NC-ND 2.0 / cropped)
As a practicing Catholic, I am saddened to say that the moral aspect of our treatment […]
- Conditions of Memphis Zoo’s Pandas Raise Big Questions
- “Me Siento Muy Orgullosa Del Movimiento en México” / “I Am Very Proud of the Movement in Mexico”
- Breeding and Trading Endangered Wild Animals Is Not Conservation
- Stop Canada’s Prison Factory Farm Project!
- New Undercover Investigation Exposes Cruel Conditions for Costco Chickens
- Bill Introduced to Ban the Sale of Fur in Oregon
- “The Scale and Power of the Trophy Hunting Industry Is Astonishing”: An Interview With Eduardo Gonçalves
- House Renews Effort to Protect Children and Animals from Abuse
- Disasters and Your Pets: Are You Ready?
- Poached Rhino Horn for Breakfast
- First Marine Wildlife Hospital in the Pacific Northwest Coming Soon
- Lab-Grown or “Clean” Meat: Animals Are Slaughtered for Its Production