Epidemics like COVID-19 have come about because of the practice of farming and eating animals. This threat has been known for many years. So why haven’t we all stopped eating meat and dairy?
One might also say t […]
The following is a personal view by Virginia Bell, member of Catholic Action for Animals, a group of practising Catholics dedicated to promoting respect for animals within the Catholic Church.
“The last will b […]
I campaigned during 2016 for the Pope to condemn the bullfight. I asked caring people around the world to write to the Apostolic Nuncio (Pope’s representative) in their country, or to the Vatican, urging the P […]
(Image credit: Phil Chambers, used under CC BY-NC-ND 2.0)
Many people have emailed the Vatican Press Office as part of a campaign asking the Pope to condemn the bullfight. But these letters do not seem to be […]
(Featured image credit: Jo-Anne McArthur / We Animals)
May I appeal to you to join me in urging the Catholic Church to oppose the bullfight?
This campaign began with requests for tweets and Facebook posts. […]
(Featured image: altar carving of St. Francis and animals in a New York Catholic church. Photo credit Fr Lawrence Lew, O.P., used under CC BY-NC-ND 2.0)
Laudato Si week will soon be here (June 12-19). One way […]
(Featured image: Bull knocks over horse in Spanish bullfight. Credit Nathan Rupert, used under CC BY-NC-ND 2.0 / cropped)
As a practicing Catholic, I am saddened to say that the moral aspect of our treatment […]
- Is the King of Beasts Headed Towards Extinction?
- A Walk Across Australia to Help Working Animals
- We Need Public Funding for Cultured Meat Research
- Caregiving is Activism: The Microsanctuary Resource Center
- Marine Mammal Captivity is Deeply Cruel
- Christianity Does the Strangest Things
- Into the Wild: Animal Dilemmas After Moving to the Countryside
- The New Big 5: Shooting Cameras, Not Guns
- Shut Down the Slaughterhouses
- Netflix’s Tiger King Does More Harm Than Good
- Bear Protection Act Aims to Stop Poaching and Export for the Bear Bile Trade
- Making Roads Safer for Wildlife