Who or what exactly is an animal hoarder? Is it a case of do-gooders gone wrong? There has been plenty of research and scientific analysis of this pattern of behavior in recent years, including its c […]
NSPCA inspectors were recently horrified to discover that horses in the care of the South African National Defense Force (SANDF) were starving to death. 25 horses on the army base, operated by the South African […]
The NSPCA Wildlife Protection Unit has been part of a forum to tackle the large number of leopard tortoises that cannot be released from rehabilitation centres in Gauteng province, South Africa.
The National Council of SPCAs (NSPCA) welcomes the judgement of the Pietermaritzburg High Court prohibiting the export of elephants from South Africa.
The High Court action followed when circus owner Mr Brian […]
Lawmakers in Taiwan have announced that the eating of dogs and cats has been banned. South Africa’s National Council of SPCAs adds our voice of approval to this internationally hailed advance for animal […]
The National Council of SPCAs in South Africa is delighted to report a positive, uplifting and heart-warming outcome relating to donkeys rescued from the horrific trade in their skins.
We report that five donkeys […]
“Certain programmes that reside in the Charities Sector, including Animal Welfare Organisations, have been excluded from the current Open Call for Applications.”
This was the message received by the National Cou […]
Having obtained a warrant to enter the property of the Excelsior Lion Farm near Tosca in the North West province, NSPCA personnel uncovered evidence of large numbers of donkeys having been inhumanely slaughtered. […]
Organisers of the South African Million Dollar Pigeon Race (SAMDR) disregarded the NSPCA’s warning, and reports of inclement weather, when they transported birds to the release site with the undoubted intention o […]
Sougson Manasseh, Madhihwa Mjasha, Target Murima, and Amoni Chirwa were sentenced to 8 months’ imprisonment without the option of a fine in the Polokwane Magistrates Court on 25 October 2016. They had admitted […]
The NSPCA’s Farm Animal Protection Unit has uncovered another horrific donkey killing site in the Northern Cape, where hundreds of donkeys were illegally and brutally slaughtered on a farm in O […]
- Who Would Jesus Eat?
- Three elephant calves in Myanmar slated to be given as “gift” to Russian circus
- Asian otters at risk from illegal trade to meet booming demand in Japan
- European Parliament pushes for global ban on testing cosmetics on animals
- Portland’s Oregon Zoo ranked world’s worst captive elephant experience
- Rabies: A fully preventable disease
- Greece’s first Official Animal Rights March: Massive, passionate and powerful
- Animal cruelty legislation in Malaysia is ineffective without enforcement
- CITES lets world’s worst elephant poaching countries off the hook
- Helping Families And Pets Find Safety During Domestic Violence Awareness Month
- No Dog Left Behind
- Greek Animal Advocate Delivers Speech to Hellenic Police in Athens