Fish are social animals with their own unique personalities, and they are far more intelligent than they are given credit for. They are sentient creatures with their own inner lives and individual desires and […]
A study recently published in the Applied Animal Behaviour Science journal has found that the noise and flash photography of zoo visitors make Edinburgh Zoo’s chimpanzees anxious.
The study, in which re […]
As of January 20th, circuses performing in England will no longer be allowed to use wild animals as part of their act. The Wild Animals in Circuses Act 2019 expressly forbids circus operators from using wild a […]
Pubs around the United Kingdom are using live reindeer and other animals at festive events in the run up to Christmas. The reindeer are used to entertain visitors as part of “Santa’s grotto” displays or used f […]
Freedom for Animals and other advocates working to oppose the keeping of captive animals in zoos have long argued that these institutions not only fail to educate children about the natural world but, in fact, […]
Thank you for this important article about the educational and ethical failure of zoos.
I used to have an account with you but can’t recall the username or password. I tried to sign up just now, but since I don’t have a record of my password or username, the signup won’t work.
Your help in resolving this problem would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Aquariums in the United Kingdom have received £350,000 in funding (around 430,000 United States dollars) to breed fish, claiming it as an attempt to “make aquariums more self-sufficient.” The seven aquari […]
Undercover research collected by Freedom for Animals shows birds of prey are being ‘‘tied down, manipulated and starved” in UK zoos. UK charity, Freedom for Animals filmed at bird of prey zoos across the UK and […]
- Over 400 Elephants Perish in Botswana Mystery Mass Die-off
- When Veganism Becomes Angry-ism
- Basic Income and Veganism
- Imagining a Vegan Superman
- How Animal Protection Impacts All 17 U.N. Sustainable Development Goals
- Talking to Children About Factory Farming
- The Wool Industry Means Suffering for Sheep
- Would You Press a Button to Make Humanity Go Extinct?
- Shifting Baselines: Understanding the True Extent of Wildlife Decline
- Neoliberalism and Sustainable Use Are Cut From the Same Paradigm
- Greek Activists Work to Help Animals During COVID-19 Pandemic
- Veganism as a Response to Limits to Growth