As of January 20th, circuses performing in England will no longer be allowed to use wild animals as part of their act. The Wild Animals in Circuses Act 2019 expressly forbids circus operators from using wild a […]
Pubs around the United Kingdom are using live reindeer and other animals at festive events in the run up to Christmas. The reindeer are used to entertain visitors as part of “Santa’s grotto” displays or used f […]
Freedom for Animals and other advocates working to oppose the keeping of captive animals in zoos have long argued that these institutions not only fail to educate children about the natural world but, in fact, […]
Thank you for this important article about the educational and ethical failure of zoos.
I used to have an account with you but can’t recall the username or password. I tried to sign up just now, but since I don’t have a record of my password or username, the signup won’t work.
Your help in resolving this problem would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Aquariums in the United Kingdom have received £350,000 in funding (around 430,000 United States dollars) to breed fish, claiming it as an attempt to “make aquariums more self-sufficient.” The seven aquari […]
Undercover research collected by Freedom for Animals shows birds of prey are being ‘‘tied down, manipulated and starved” in UK zoos. UK charity, Freedom for Animals filmed at bird of prey zoos across the UK and […]
- Victory: Wild Animals Banned in Circuses in England!
- Animal Welfare and Tourism: Animal Suffering on Holiday
- Subway Announces End of Cage-Produced Eggs in Asia by 2025
- South Africa’s Legal Lion Bone Trade Exploited by Criminals
- South Korea Dog Meat Trade Sourcing Dogs to University for Experiments
- How Smart is Your Dog?
- Animal Testing is Cruel and Outdated
- What’s Really In Your Makeup?
- Illegal Trade Pushes Three Pangolin Species Further Up the Risk Register
- Conservation Action Has Reduced Bird Extinction Rates by 40%
- Over Half a Billion Animals Killed in Australia’s Bushfires
- After Dramatic Shipwreck and Global Pressure, Romania Plans to Regulate Live Export