I first heard of the ritual of Kaporos a few years after I founded United Poultry Concerns in 1990. A woman in Brooklyn called our office in the fall of 1994. In tears, she begged me to do something to help the […]
Karen Davis, PhD presented this topic on the panel “Where Did Our Compassion Go? Children, Adults and the Loss of the Human-Animal Bond,” The City College of New York, December 2, 2014. She is presenting it at the […]
(Also published on The Dodo)
By Karen Davis, PhD, President of United Poultry Concerns
“For me the question is whether or not advocates can make the case for abolition/veganism as equal powers s […]
- The Gross-Out Factor: Can We Use Disgust to Turn People Off Meat?
- Animal Liberation, Human Liberation: One Struggle, One Fight?
- Ten Slow Lorises Treated at Primate Center in Java After 79 Rescued by Police
- Bird’s Eye View: Report Examines 50 years of the South American Bird Trade
- State Animal Protection Laws Ranked: Illinois is #1, Kentucky #50
- Tackling Meat Is a Win for Athletes
- Bronx Zoo Tops List of Ten Worst Zoos for Elephants in North America
- Dogs Who Went to Court and Won
- Busted: China Customs Dismantles Major Ivory Trafficking Syndicate
- How Gardeners Can Help Save the Bees
- Slaves in the Slaughterhouse: Who Would Want to Kill for a Living?
- Free Camel Treatment Camp Helps Many at India’s Pushkar Fair