Founding Vafa ran counter to the dominant culture and it was thus not taken seriously. When people heard of what Vafa did for dogs, their response was likely to be mockery or even disbelief. Without water or electricity, without financial backing and with limited human resources, it had to face many difficulties in the beginning. But things changed.
- Portland’s Oregon Zoo ranked world’s worst captive elephant experience
- Rabies: A fully preventable disease
- Greece’s first Official Animal Rights March: Massive, passionate and powerful
- Animal cruelty legislation in Malaysia is ineffective without enforcement
- CITES lets world’s worst elephant poaching countries off the hook
- Helping Families And Pets Find Safety During Domestic Violence Awareness Month
- No Dog Left Behind
- Greek Animal Advocate Delivers Speech to Hellenic Police in Athens
- London Conference Turns a Spotlight on Illegal Wildlife Trade
- The dark side of the reptile trade: Why these cold-blooded creatures and captivity don’t mix
- Animal-Related Organizations: How to Use Email Marketing to Improve Success Rates
- Can mythology help save the pangolin?