For more than a decade and with many others, I have been trying to think through the multiple entanglements between human and non-human joys and suffering. Our thinking about human issues necessarily involves thinking about animal issues. Similarly, considering animals expands our understanding of the world around us including some of the most pressing issues at hand, such as climate change, food justice, racial violence, and colonial legacies of dispossession and environmental degradation.
- Celebrities Show Major Support for Banning Ireland’s Cruel Fur Farms
- How to Stop Cats From Killing Wild Birds
- Bulls of Fire: A Cruel Tradition Persists in Spain
- Destructive Celebrations: The Animal and Environmental Toll of Fireworks
- India’s Festival of Lights casts shadow over owls
- Family, Not Property: How One Woman Is Using Her Dog’s Tragic Death to Raise Awareness About the Legal Status of Animals
- Partnering to heal India’s working equines
- Using humane education for youth to build a better future for Nigeria’s animals
- Court Victory: Wild Red Wolves Get a Chance at Survival
- 16 vegan athletes who shatter the weak vegan myth
- The Great Bear Rescue Campaign
- Why won’t South Africa’s Department of Environmental Affairs stand up for rhinos?