Dr. Jared Piazza is a lecturer at Lancaster University in the United Kingdom. His research focuses on moral decision making, including how people think about the moral value of animals. Jared and his […]
The Ngorongoro crater in Tanzania formed when an ancient volcano erupted a long time ago. The crater is 600 meters deep and covers an area of 260 square kilometers. It is home to a very dense population of Masai […]
I firmly believe that plant based foods will replace meat and dairy more and more, and that at some point in the future, people will hardly even believe there was a time when we ate animals.
Now and then, we […]
Many vegans are looking for the ideal way to make other people go vegan. Often, they are targeting good friends, family, or even their significant other. Not infrequently, they get quite frustrated when their […]
I have known Paul Shapiro since he ran Compassion Over Killing in Washington DC, together with his wonderful three legged dog, George. From that position, Paul went on to be a Humane Society of the United […]
You may have heard the term “apologist vegan” or “vegan apologist.” Maybe you’ve even been called one. But what is it, exactly?
I googled around a bit in search of descriptions or definitions, and the gist of i […]
Most “ethical vegans” (people who avoid animal products for moral reasons) would agree that the goal of the animal rights movement is the abolition of the use of animals for human purposes. In that sense, they are […]
Animal advocates are often prone to compare the struggle for animal rights with other social justice issues. We love to explain the parallels between sexism and speciecism, or compare animal farming with slavery. […]
You may have heard that in the last few years, Israel has gone through a “vegan revolution”, or that it is the most vegan country in the world. I recently was in Israel to give a CEVA vegan advocacy training in […]
- Are Sanctuaries an Acceptable Solution for “Excess” Wild Horses?
- Helping India’s Street Dogs
- California Residents: New Action Needed to Save Animals from Deadly Poisons!
- June 7th: First World Swift Day
- The B Word: Communicating Biodiversity to a World That Doesn’t Care Enough
- The Trouble With Horse Racing
- Exposed: Trophy Hunting Lobbyists Pose as Conservationists
- Animal Welfare Education Comes to Cameroon’s Schools
- Slaughtering Seals to Save Orcas is Cruel and Illogical
- Justice the Horse is Suing His Abuser
- Botswana’s Elephants: Myths vs. Facts
- Azerbaijan’s Mass Slaughter of Stray Dogs Continues