A prisoner with haunted eyes and red-flecked flesh
Writhes in hideous contortions
While destruction lurks in the cursed air.
Before the final indignity of death
A fist penetrates her open wound,
“Night at the Circus” is a chapter from a children’s book I’m working on called Even Though They Soar. Although the story’s setting is fantastic, the events it portrays are very much grounded in real-world […]
A lorry-load of bleating corpses
Still bright eyes glisten in the sun
Last light for these lambs
Lured away from mother’s side
Into the yawning chasm of human appetite.
This poem was written after […]
- Portland’s Oregon Zoo ranked world’s worst captive elephant experience
- Rabies: A fully preventable disease
- Greece’s first Official Animal Rights March: Massive, passionate and powerful
- Animal cruelty legislation in Malaysia is ineffective without enforcement
- CITES lets world’s worst elephant poaching countries off the hook
- Helping Families And Pets Find Safety During Domestic Violence Awareness Month
- No Dog Left Behind
- Greek Animal Advocate Delivers Speech to Hellenic Police in Athens
- London Conference Turns a Spotlight on Illegal Wildlife Trade
- The dark side of the reptile trade: Why these cold-blooded creatures and captivity don’t mix
- Animal-Related Organizations: How to Use Email Marketing to Improve Success Rates
- Can mythology help save the pangolin?