A prisoner with haunted eyes and red-flecked flesh
Writhes in hideous contortions
While destruction lurks in the cursed air.
Before the final indignity of death
A fist penetrates her open wound,
“Night at the Circus” is a chapter from a children’s book I’m working on called Even Though They Soar. Although the story’s setting is fantastic, the events it portrays are very much grounded in real-world […]
A lorry-load of bleating corpses
Still bright eyes glisten in the sun
Last light for these lambs
Lured away from mother’s side
Into the yawning chasm of human appetite.
This poem was written after […]
- Bucking Tradition: Award-Winning Anti-Rodeo Short Film Available Online Now
- Are We in an Age of ‘Mass Extinction’?
- How to Have a Cruelty-Free Thanksgiving
- Euthanasia: The Quiz
- South Africa Reclassifies 33 Wild Species as “Farm Animals”
- Vietnamese Police Bust Large Dog Theft Ring
- The Save Movement: Bearing Witness to Animal Suffering
- Trophy Hunting: A New Front Opens in the War of Words
- The History of the World in Seven Dogs
- Alameda County Bans Cruel Rodeo Event
- Palm Oil Watchdog’s Sustainability Label is Still a Con
- Dogfighting: How to Recognize and Report It