A prisoner with haunted eyes and red-flecked flesh
Writhes in hideous contortions
While destruction lurks in the cursed air.
Before the final indignity of death
A fist penetrates her open wound,
“Night at the Circus” is a chapter from a children’s book I’m working on called Even Though They Soar. Although the story’s setting is fantastic, the events it portrays are very much grounded in real-world […]
A lorry-load of bleating corpses
Still bright eyes glisten in the sun
Last light for these lambs
Lured away from mother’s side
Into the yawning chasm of human appetite.
This poem was written after […]
- Is the King of Beasts Headed Towards Extinction?
- A Walk Across Australia to Help Working Animals
- We Need Public Funding for Cultured Meat Research
- Caregiving is Activism: The Microsanctuary Resource Center
- Marine Mammal Captivity is Deeply Cruel
- Christianity Does the Strangest Things
- Into the Wild: Animal Dilemmas After Moving to the Countryside
- The New Big 5: Shooting Cameras, Not Guns
- Shut Down the Slaughterhouses
- Netflix’s Tiger King Does More Harm Than Good
- Bear Protection Act Aims to Stop Poaching and Export for the Bear Bile Trade
- Making Roads Safer for Wildlife