For a long time wildlife has been considered a resource for humans. Policies have reflected this point of view and the animals’ needs and welfare have been considered only secondarily, if at all. This point of v […]
Talk given at VegFest Colorado on July 23rd, 2017. Full written transcript below.
My talk last year was on the past of the animal rights movement. This year I’m going to give you my vision of the future. There w […]
Tunza Games: A place where people save the wild animals. Click https://www.tunzagames.com/conservation-crisis-the-game to learn more.
I’m going to start with the past of the animal rights movement and move forward. A lot of people feel that the animal rights movement grew out of the environmental movement, but that’s actually not […]
- Bucking Tradition: Award-Winning Anti-Rodeo Short Film Available Online Now
- Are We in an Age of ‘Mass Extinction’?
- How to Have a Cruelty-Free Thanksgiving
- Euthanasia: The Quiz
- South Africa Reclassifies 33 Wild Species as “Farm Animals”
- Vietnamese Police Bust Large Dog Theft Ring
- The Save Movement: Bearing Witness to Animal Suffering
- Trophy Hunting: A New Front Opens in the War of Words
- The History of the World in Seven Dogs
- Alameda County Bans Cruel Rodeo Event
- Palm Oil Watchdog’s Sustainability Label is Still a Con
- Dogfighting: How to Recognize and Report It