When traveling to countries in South-East Asia, particularly Thailand, you may come across tiger entertainment venues that allow tourists to interact with captive animals directly. One of the most popular offers […]
China Customs announced last week the seizure of 2,748 elephant tusks following a major enforcement crackdown. The 7.48 tons of ivory were seized as part of a joint operation in relation to major smuggling cases […]
Last year we raised the alarm about a new Chinese government policy which repealed a 25-year ban on the use of tiger bone and rhino horn in traditional medicine.
In the face of widespread domestic and […]
Scientists announced today that only 10 vaquita porpoises likely remain in the world and that the animal’s extinction is virtually assured without bold and immediate action. The vaquita, the world’s smallest and […]
Written by Andrew Brown, Environmental Investigation Agency’s UK Ivory Trade Consultant
When the Ivory Act 2018 passed into United Kingdom law on December 20th, 2018 it was a success for all those who had […]
Iceland’s rogue whaling continues, despite growing opposition from businessmen and politicians concerned about the damage being done to its image as a tourism destination. The country’s Fisheries Minister K […]
Written by Debbie Banks, EIA Tiger Campaign Leader
An inspiring story from India caught my eye as I recently headed to the 3rd Stocktaking Conference on Tiger Conservation in New Delhi, the story of the Idu […]
Three men involved in running a major international ivory smuggling syndicate have been captured, following enforcement action by China Customs Anti-Smuggling Bureau.
The Environmental Investigation Agency (EIA) today welcomes the United Kingdom (UK) Government’s ban of ivory sales, shutting down one of the world’s largest legal domestic ivory markets.
Along with nine par […]
On October 29th, the Government of China revealed that it allows commercial trade in tiger bone and rhino horn from farmed animals for use in traditional Chinese medicine research and clinical treatments. This is […]
The fourth conference on Illegal Wildlife Trade (IWT) in London this week has seen high-level participation from governments, non-governmental organizations (NGOs), and the private sector, focusing the attention […]
In the struggle against the extermination of a species at the hands of illegal trade and human exploitation, no tactic should be beneath consideration.
Written by Paul Newman, EIA Press & Communications […]
Content warning: The above video contains a few images of dead and dismembered animals.
LONDON– An undercover investigation has revealed […]
- Authorities Continue to Harass and Haze Yellowstone Buffalo and Their Babies
- A Museum and a Shelter that Work Together to Help Cats
- Restoring the Sacredness of India’s Cows
- Concerted Action Needed to Combat Wildlife Crime
- Sign Petition to End Suffering of Three Caged Bears
- Government Agency Revives Plans for Cruel and Deadly Horse Sterilization Experiments
- Insects Disappearing at an Alarming Rate
- The Meat Motivated Mind: An Interview with Dr. Jared Piazza
- Freeing and Improving Conditions for India’s Captive Elephants
- Time to Protect, Not Destroy
- Think Millennials are Apathetic About Conservation? Think Again
- New Animal Rescue Center Underway in Sri Lanka