Scientists announced today that only 10 vaquita porpoises likely remain in the world and that the animal’s extinction is virtually assured without bold and immediate action. The vaquita, the world’s smallest and […]
Written by Andrew Brown, Environmental Investigation Agency’s UK Ivory Trade Consultant
When the Ivory Act 2018 passed into United Kingdom law on December 20th, 2018 it was a success for all those who had […]
Iceland’s rogue whaling continues, despite growing opposition from businessmen and politicians concerned about the damage being done to its image as a tourism destination. The country’s Fisheries Minister K […]
Written by Debbie Banks, EIA Tiger Campaign Leader
An inspiring story from India caught my eye as I recently headed to the 3rd Stocktaking Conference on Tiger Conservation in New Delhi, the story of the Idu […]
Three men involved in running a major international ivory smuggling syndicate have been captured, following enforcement action by China Customs Anti-Smuggling Bureau.
The Environmental Investigation Agency (EIA) today welcomes the United Kingdom (UK) Government’s ban of ivory sales, shutting down one of the world’s largest legal domestic ivory markets.
Along with nine par […]
On October 29th, the Government of China revealed that it allows commercial trade in tiger bone and rhino horn from farmed animals for use in traditional Chinese medicine research and clinical treatments. This is […]
The fourth conference on Illegal Wildlife Trade (IWT) in London this week has seen high-level participation from governments, non-governmental organizations (NGOs), and the private sector, focusing the attention […]
In the struggle against the extermination of a species at the hands of illegal trade and human exploitation, no tactic should be beneath consideration.
Written by Paul Newman, EIA Press & Communications […]
Content warning: The above video contains a few images of dead and dismembered animals.
LONDON– An undercover investigation has revealed […]
- Netted, Glued and Eaten Whole: Can We Keep This Songbird Free?
- California Residents: Don’t Miss Your Chance to Ban the Fur Industry in California
- Pressure Builds on Cheltenham and the British Horseracing Authority to Suspend Racing as Three Horses Killed
- Bridging The Divide Between Animal Protection And Traditional Conservation Biology
- Is Clean Meat the Animals’ Best Hope? An Interview With Paul Shapiro
- 13 Pig Facts for Year of the Pig
- 34 Marine Mammal Biologists Urge Putin to Release Orcas and Belugas
- Trump Regulators Gave Oil Industry a Pass to Injure Whales With Seismic Blasting
- New York City Schools Adopt Meatless Mondays
- US Bureau of Land Management Bucks Controversial Policy for Wild Horse Sale
- Rotten to the Core: Tackling the Corruption at the Heart of the Illegal Caviar Trade
- Only 10 Vaquita Remain, May Not Survive Mexican President Obrador’s Tenure