(Featured image: wild mouse lemur in Madagascar. Credit nomis-simon, used under CC BY 2.0)
DURHAM, N.C. – The island nation of Madagascar conjures up images of lush rainforests, massive baobab trees, and a […]
(Featured image: bonnethead shark in coastal Georgia marsh. Credit Eric Heupel, used under CC BY-NC 2.0)
DURHAM, N.C. – Researchers from Duke University and UNC-Chapel Hill are testing the ability of drones to […]
(Photo credit: Kim Bartlett – Animal People, Inc.)
DURHAM, N.C. – Humans aren’t alone in their ability to mix perfumes and colognes. Lemurs, too, get more out of their smelly secretions by combining f […]
(Right whale mother and calf. Photo credit: FWC Fish and Wildlife Research Institute, used under CC BY-NC-ND 2.0)
DURHAM, N.C. – Allowing underwater seismic surveys for oil and gas to be conducted off the U.S. […]
(Red titi monkeys, Callicebus cupreus, close relatives of the endangered San Martin titi. Photo credit: Jon, used under CC BY-NC-ND 2.0)
DURHAM, N.C. – Habitat mapping software and satellite imagery can help […]
- Victory: Wild Animals Banned in Circuses in England!
- Animal Welfare and Tourism: Animal Suffering on Holiday
- Subway Announces End of Cage-Produced Eggs in Asia by 2025
- South Africa’s Legal Lion Bone Trade Exploited by Criminals
- South Korea Dog Meat Trade Sourcing Dogs to University for Experiments
- How Smart is Your Dog?
- Animal Testing is Cruel and Outdated
- What’s Really In Your Makeup?
- Illegal Trade Pushes Three Pangolin Species Further Up the Risk Register
- Conservation Action Has Reduced Bird Extinction Rates by 40%
- Over Half a Billion Animals Killed in Australia’s Bushfires
- After Dramatic Shipwreck and Global Pressure, Romania Plans to Regulate Live Export