Since time immemorial, India has been worshipping cattle. Cows have always had a dominant role in the country’s worship, rituals, temple culture, and agriculture, forming the backbone of each household and the e […]
The recent pictures of rivers of blood flowing through Bangladeshi streets present ‘Humanity’ at its most noxious. Yet the ruthless and merciless slaughtering of cattle transported across the length and bre […]
Hinduism is based upon the belief in the omnipresence of the divine and the presence of a soul in all living creatures, animals and plants alike.
The Sanskrit word for the cow is ‘Gau’, and for cattle is ‘Pa […]
(Featured image: monkey at Galtaji temple outside Jaipur. Credit Garrett Ziegler, CC BY-NC-ND 2.0)
Hindu temples have been since time immemorial the centre of worship in India. According to Hindu mythology, […]
(Featured image courtesy Kim Bartlett – Animal People, Inc.)
Modern day India empathizes with the utterly dismal and pathetic conditions of its cows, calves and bulls. The ancient Indian culture associated with […]
- Looking beyond the conservation status quo – Ethical Conservation Course applications now open!
- It’s time to ‘Raise Pigs Right’
- Greyhound industry targeting children
- South African Army horses neglected
- Croatia’s biggest ever dog protection campaign now underway!
- A Massive Rally in China for Punishing Animal Abusers
- Leopard tortoises languishing in South African rehab centres
- Irish Hare at risk of extinction from hunting and coursing
- Why Your Family Dog is Good for Your Children’s Health
- Bison Against Climate Change
- Alligators on the beach? Killer whales in rivers? Get used to it.
- Wild Animals Are Not Plush Toys