Since time immemorial, India has been worshipping cattle. Cows have always had a dominant role in the country’s worship, rituals, temple culture, and agriculture, forming the backbone of each household and the e […]
The recent pictures of rivers of blood flowing through Bangladeshi streets present ‘Humanity’ at its most noxious. Yet the ruthless and merciless slaughtering of cattle transported across the length and bre […]
Hinduism is based upon the belief in the omnipresence of the divine and the presence of a soul in all living creatures, animals and plants alike.
The Sanskrit word for the cow is ‘Gau’, and for cattle is ‘Pa […]
(Featured image: monkey at Galtaji temple outside Jaipur. Credit Garrett Ziegler, CC BY-NC-ND 2.0)
Hindu temples have been since time immemorial the centre of worship in India. According to Hindu mythology, […]
(Featured image courtesy Kim Bartlett – Animal People, Inc.)
Modern day India empathizes with the utterly dismal and pathetic conditions of its cows, calves and bulls. The ancient Indian culture associated with […]
- 9 Tips to Shop Animal-Free
- Birds of a Feather, a story of healing for veterans and parrots
- WORLD NEWS: Seal Hunting, Live Export & Rescue Gone Wrong (4/21/18)
- How South African wildlife is helpless against money and influence
- Staten Island deer sterilization a success story for humane population control
- What is the Defending Palestine conference?
- Animals Are Persons Too
- WORLD NEWS: Fur Bans, Bison Killing, & Wildlife Trafficking (4/3/18)
- Is transformation in South Africa only possible through a consumptive wildlife economy?
- Duke University study finds elephant declines imperil 96 percent of Central Africa’s forests
- Asia For Animals Coalition responds to cigarette-smoking orangutan at Indonesia’s Bandung Zoo
- Is Fur a Jewish Issue?