Since time immemorial, India has been worshipping cattle. Cows have always had a dominant role in the country’s worship, rituals, temple culture, and agriculture, forming the backbone of each household and the e […]
The recent pictures of rivers of blood flowing through Bangladeshi streets present ‘Humanity’ at its most noxious. Yet the ruthless and merciless slaughtering of cattle transported across the length and bre […]
Hinduism is based upon the belief in the omnipresence of the divine and the presence of a soul in all living creatures, animals and plants alike.
The Sanskrit word for the cow is ‘Gau’, and for cattle is ‘Pa […]
(Featured image: monkey at Galtaji temple outside Jaipur. Credit Garrett Ziegler, CC BY-NC-ND 2.0)
Hindu temples have been since time immemorial the centre of worship in India. According to Hindu mythology, […]
(Featured image courtesy Kim Bartlett – Animal People, Inc.)
Modern day India empathizes with the utterly dismal and pathetic conditions of its cows, calves and bulls. The ancient Indian culture associated with […]
- 5 Tips to Improve First Aid for Street Animals
- Rather Than Kill Animals “Softly,” Don’t Kill Them At All
- ‘The Grace of Dogs,’ a journey to understand the canine soul
- Custom Heavy as Frost and Deep Almost as Life – What Do We Mean by Socialization?
- Location of Unique Species Discoveries Should Be Kept Secret
- Abortion and Animal Rights: Does Either Topic Lead to the Other?
- Need for Complete Cow Slaughter Ban in India
- Donkey thrown to tigers in debt dispute – Asia for Animals seeks answers
- Downsizing Our National Monuments?
- Development Plans Threaten Otters in Penang, Malaysia
- Religion: Friend or Foe of Animal Activism?
- Stop Exploitation of Bear Cubs in Vietnam Circus, says Asia for Animals