Since time immemorial, India has been worshipping cattle. Cows have always had a dominant role in the country’s worship, rituals, temple culture, and agriculture, forming the backbone of each household and the e […]
The recent pictures of rivers of blood flowing through Bangladeshi streets present ‘Humanity’ at its most noxious. Yet the ruthless and merciless slaughtering of cattle transported across the length and bre […]
Hinduism is based upon the belief in the omnipresence of the divine and the presence of a soul in all living creatures, animals and plants alike.
The Sanskrit word for the cow is ‘Gau’, and for cattle is ‘Pa […]
(Featured image: monkey at Galtaji temple outside Jaipur. Credit Garrett Ziegler, CC BY-NC-ND 2.0)
Hindu temples have been since time immemorial the centre of worship in India. According to Hindu mythology, […]
(Featured image courtesy Kim Bartlett – Animal People, Inc.)
Modern day India empathizes with the utterly dismal and pathetic conditions of its cows, calves and bulls. The ancient Indian culture associated with […]
- Tough choices ahead for South Africa’s Kruger National Park
- A vegan revolution in Israel: fact or fiction?
- Hansen Stakes Claim as Champion for Animals in Alabama Senate Primary
- Audio-Psychic Signals: A Unique Approach to Animal Communication
- Tiger moths in spotlight during National Moth Week 2017
- Animal Rights Campaign Sets National Record in India!
- Why is Kent Wildlife Trust chaired by a hare and pheasant hunter?
- Koalas ‘being driven towards extinction’
- Chickens Killed in Barn Fire Were Individuals, Not Farm Equipment
- Marine Extinctions an Unavoidable Cost of Deep Sea Mining
- Local animal lovers help make spay/neuter campaign a success in Parscov, Romania!
- Better Capture Techniques Needed to Prevent Wild Animal Deaths