Since time immemorial, India has been worshipping cattle. Cows have always had a dominant role in the country’s worship, rituals, temple culture, and agriculture, forming the backbone of each household and the e […]
The recent pictures of rivers of blood flowing through Bangladeshi streets present ‘Humanity’ at its most noxious. Yet the ruthless and merciless slaughtering of cattle transported across the length and bre […]
Hinduism is based upon the belief in the omnipresence of the divine and the presence of a soul in all living creatures, animals and plants alike.
The Sanskrit word for the cow is ‘Gau’, and for cattle is ‘Pa […]
(Featured image: monkey at Galtaji temple outside Jaipur. Credit Garrett Ziegler, CC BY-NC-ND 2.0)
Hindu temples have been since time immemorial the centre of worship in India. According to Hindu mythology, […]
(Featured image courtesy Kim Bartlett – Animal People, Inc.)
Modern day India empathizes with the utterly dismal and pathetic conditions of its cows, calves and bulls. The ancient Indian culture associated with […]
- New Jersey: Ban the Use of Exotic Animals in the Circus!
- Could Your Driveway Be a Danger to Your Pet?
- Asia For Animals responds to Chinese police officer’s cruelty against chained dog
- Canned lion hunting – a buffer against what?
- Stepping Into Orangutan Conservation
- WORLD NEWS: Pit Bulls, Bullfighting & Live Export Bans (2/8/18)
- At least 283 greyhounds injured, 96 killed at Irish tracks in 2017
- How many animals will you NOT eat in 2018? Find out with BlitzResults’ Meat Calculator!
- The Cruel Elephant Tourism Industry
- Protecting India’s Grassland Ecosystems Against Invasive Species
- Domestic Violence Survivors and Their Pets Can Seek Safety Together
- Aadhaar and Jallikattu: Bittersweet Victory for Bulls in India