Since time immemorial, India has been worshipping cattle. Cows have always had a dominant role in the country’s worship, rituals, temple culture, and agriculture, forming the backbone of each household and the e […]
The recent pictures of rivers of blood flowing through Bangladeshi streets present ‘Humanity’ at its most noxious. Yet the ruthless and merciless slaughtering of cattle transported across the length and bre […]
Hinduism is based upon the belief in the omnipresence of the divine and the presence of a soul in all living creatures, animals and plants alike.
The Sanskrit word for the cow is ‘Gau’, and for cattle is ‘Pa […]
(Featured image: monkey at Galtaji temple outside Jaipur. Credit Garrett Ziegler, CC BY-NC-ND 2.0)
Hindu temples have been since time immemorial the centre of worship in India. According to Hindu mythology, […]
(Featured image courtesy Kim Bartlett – Animal People, Inc.)
Modern day India empathizes with the utterly dismal and pathetic conditions of its cows, calves and bulls. The ancient Indian culture associated with […]
- A Beginner’s Guide to Birdwatching in the UK’s New Forest National Park
- Global Dairy Companies Exposed in Vegan Protest outside the London Eye
- South Africa’s 2019 Lion Bone Export Quota a ‘Big Middle Finger to Conservation’
- Animal Cruelty Charges Dropped Because Fish Are Not “Animals” Under North Carolina Law
- Shriners International: Stop Abusing Elephants in Circuses!
- Are Sanctuaries an Acceptable Solution for “Excess” Wild Horses?
- Helping India’s Street Dogs
- California Residents: New Action Needed to Save Animals from Deadly Poisons!
- June 7th: First World Swift Day
- The B Word: Communicating Biodiversity to a World That Doesn’t Care Enough
- The Trouble With Horse Racing
- Exposed: Trophy Hunting Lobbyists Pose as Conservationists