Since time immemorial, India has been worshipping cattle. Cows have always had a dominant role in the country’s worship, rituals, temple culture, and agriculture, forming the backbone of each household and the e […]
The recent pictures of rivers of blood flowing through Bangladeshi streets present ‘Humanity’ at its most noxious. Yet the ruthless and merciless slaughtering of cattle transported across the length and bre […]
Hinduism is based upon the belief in the omnipresence of the divine and the presence of a soul in all living creatures, animals and plants alike.
The Sanskrit word for the cow is ‘Gau’, and for cattle is ‘Pa […]
(Featured image: monkey at Galtaji temple outside Jaipur. Credit Garrett Ziegler, CC BY-NC-ND 2.0)
Hindu temples have been since time immemorial the centre of worship in India. According to Hindu mythology, […]
(Featured image courtesy Kim Bartlett – Animal People, Inc.)
Modern day India empathizes with the utterly dismal and pathetic conditions of its cows, calves and bulls. The ancient Indian culture associated with […]
- Animal Welfare and Tourism: Animal Suffering on Holiday
- Subway Announces End of Cage-Produced Eggs in Asia by 2025
- South Africa’s Legal Lion Bone Trade Exploited by Criminals
- South Korea Dog Meat Trade Sourcing Dogs to University for Experiments
- How Smart is Your Dog?
- Animal Testing is Cruel and Outdated
- What’s Really In Your Makeup?
- Illegal Trade Pushes Three Pangolin Species Further Up the Risk Register
- Conservation Action Has Reduced Bird Extinction Rates by 40%
- Over Half a Billion Animals Killed in Australia’s Bushfires
- After Dramatic Shipwreck and Global Pressure, Romania Plans to Regulate Live Export
- Scapegoating the Aliens: “Invasive” Species