The Vancouver Parks Board has passed a total ban on the captivity of cetaceans. The amended Cetacean Bylaw will finally end cetacean suffering in the city of Vancouver, despite Aquarium business propaganda. This […]
Today, April 24th is World Day for Animals in Laboratories. Help end the suffering by telling St. Paul’s Hospital and the Canadian government to stop experiments on animals!
St. Paul’s Hospital in Vancouver, B […]
Canada’s proposed Marine Mammals Regulations fail to protect endangered orcas and other cetaceans. While the legislation recognizes the need to protect the 800 endangered St. Lawrence River belugas by increasing t […]
St. Paul’s Hospital in Vancouver, BC is planning to relocate to a new site, scheduled for completion in 2022. Few people knew about the experiments it conducts on animals, which began in the late 50s and c […]
Victory! Finally, after 36 years of Lifeforce fighting against Aquarium expansion and cetacean captivity, the Vancouver Aquarium’s abusive cetacean business has been defeated. A new Cetacean Bylaw will be i […]
Lifeforce, an ecology and animal rights organization based in Vancouver, British Columbia, has fought against aquarium expansions, captivity and animal experiments since 1981. For decades we have led the fight to […]
- Captured Snakes Are Not Objects for Photo Ops
- 5 Tips to Improve First Aid for Street Animals
- Rather Than Kill Animals “Softly,” Don’t Kill Them At All
- ‘The Grace of Dogs,’ a journey to understand the canine soul
- Custom Heavy as Frost and Deep Almost as Life – What Do We Mean by Socialization?
- Location of Unique Species Discoveries Should Be Kept Secret
- Abortion and Animal Rights: Does Either Topic Lead to the Other?
- Need for Complete Cow Slaughter Ban in India
- Donkey thrown to tigers in debt dispute – Asia for Animals seeks answers
- Downsizing Our National Monuments?
- Development Plans Threaten Otters in Penang, Malaysia
- Religion: Friend or Foe of Animal Activism?