Washington State Governor Inslee’s “Southern Resident Killer Whale (SRKWs) Draft Task Force Report” was released on October 1st. The report addresses the numerous actions that governments and businesses have faile […]
The Vancouver Aquarium’s plan to bring in two walrus pups for “a few years” from the Aquarium du Quebec is insensitive to the psychological and physical needs of the nursing mom and her babies.
Walruses wil […]
Tunza Games: A place where people save the wild animals. Click https://www.tunzagames.com/conservation-crisis-the-game to learn more.
It is well known that the three main threats to orcas are lack of food, pollution, and boat traffic. In addition, aquarium captures performed in the 1960s and 70s wiped out a generation of young females and […]
The Vancouver Parks Board has passed a total ban on the captivity of cetaceans. The amended Cetacean Bylaw will finally end cetacean suffering in the city of Vancouver, despite Aquarium business propaganda. This […]
Today, April 24th is World Day for Animals in Laboratories. Help end the suffering by telling St. Paul’s Hospital and the Canadian government to stop experiments on animals!
St. Paul’s Hospital in Vancouver, B […]
Canada’s proposed Marine Mammals Regulations fail to protect endangered orcas and other cetaceans. While the legislation recognizes the need to protect the 800 endangered St. Lawrence River belugas by increasing t […]
St. Paul’s Hospital in Vancouver, BC is planning to relocate to a new site, scheduled for completion in 2022. Few people knew about the experiments it conducts on animals, which began in the late 50s and c […]
Victory! Finally, after 36 years of Lifeforce fighting against Aquarium expansion and cetacean captivity, the Vancouver Aquarium’s abusive cetacean business has been defeated. A new Cetacean Bylaw will be i […]
Lifeforce, an ecology and animal rights organization based in Vancouver, British Columbia, has fought against aquarium expansions, captivity and animal experiments since 1981. For decades we have led the fight to […]
- Trump Administration Again Tries to Undermine Endangered Species Act
- “Love Is Love and Grief Is Grief”: Helping People Cope With Pet Loss
- Undercover Video Reveals Dirty Little Secret of Dog Racing
- OIPA Kenya Launches Ambitious Spay/Neuter Assistance and Rabies Vaccination Program
- Our Movement Can’t Be Effective Without Being Inclusive
- Reducing Wildlife Trafficking and Forest Loss Could Prevent Future Pandemics
- Conservation Activities Have Been Disrupted Globally by COVID-19 Lockdowns
- Intensive Animal Farming is “Single Most Risky Human Behavior” for Pandemics, Says Report
- Coalition Opposes Boom in Elephant Breeding in Thailand Amid Pandemic
- Empty the Cages! And Fill the Prisons?
- Over 400 Elephants Perish in Botswana Mystery Mass Die-off
- When Veganism Becomes Angry-ism