So many backyards in our neighborhood are covered with grass and non-native plants which are unfriendly to wildlife. Animals can only utilize certain plants as food and some are unusable or even poisonous. Grass is an environmental disaster. It requires a prodigious amount of water which in drought regions is irreplaceable. Pesticides are generally used it which poison the ecosystem and drain off into our rivers and oceans. People then mow it and put the clippings in plastic bags which are hauled away (using fossil fuels) to the landfill. What a tragedy!
- Why Animal Rights Needs to Read and Write Fiction
- Asia for Animals Calls for Fur Farming Ban in China
- Why is Animal Agriculture Seldom Mentioned by Catholics?
- Challenges in Managing Dogs Across the World
- A Pet Is Not Just for Lockdown
- US Fish and Wildlife Service Weakens Migratory Bird Protections
- What It’s Like to Be a Meat Eater: On “Confirmation Bias Cheering”
- Wild Animals Have No Place in Our Arms
- Live Animal Postal Shipping: “Some Are Expected to Die”
- Animals Neglected and Suffering at Belvedere Zoo in Tunis
- Ex-Volunteers Expose Cruelty in the Name of Big Cat Conservation
- Turning Farms Into Sanctuaries: Meet the Refarm’d Project