Animal People, Inc. posted an update 3 months, 3 weeks ago
“Americans consume 50-60 grams of animal protein per day, with much of the rest of the world trending toward greater livestock protein consumption. Improved grazing systems, including silvopasture, can probably only provide enough for 7-18 grams per person per day. Making livestock production more climate-friendly must go hand-in-hand with reducing demand through diet change and cutting back on food waste if aggressive climate targets are to be met.”
- Humane Society Legislative Fund releases endorsements for 2018 United States elections
- Iran’s first animal shelter, against all odds: Vafa’s Story
- What I learned about homeless animals from Hurricane Maria
- Compassion fatigue: Is your work taking a toll?
- With another orca presumed dead, Canada must protect orcas and stop Trans Mountain pipeline expansion
- Flourishing Vietnamese wildlife crime gangs pose mounting threat to animals
- Resources for people and animals affected by Hurricane Florence
- Saving the sentinels of the skies: Kenya’s rapid-response vulture unit
- New York City Vigil to End Chicken Kaporos
- Declaration of the Rights of Elephants: A Call for Elephant Personhood in India
- Animal Hoarding: What is it and what can be done?
- HeARTs Speak: Using Art to Help Save Lives