Animal People, Inc. posted an update 3 weeks, 2 days ago
“Norwegian legislation requires farmed fish to be stunned prior to slaughter. Previously, CO2 was used for stunning, however this method was banned in 2012 following pressure from the Norwegian Animal Protection Alliance. CO2 is believed to cause a feeling of suffocation in fish. Today, two methods for stunning are used: electric stunning and percussive stunning.”
- Good Laws, Bad Implementation: The State of Animal Protection in India
- The Ethical Cost of Killing for Conservation
- Looking beyond the conservation status quo – Ethical Conservation Course applications now open!
- It’s time to ‘Raise Pigs Right’
- Greyhound industry targeting children
- South African Army horses neglected
- Croatia’s biggest ever dog protection campaign now underway!
- A Massive Rally in China for Punishing Animal Abusers
- Leopard tortoises languishing in South African rehab centres
- Irish Hare at risk of extinction from hunting and coursing
- Why Your Family Dog is Good for Your Children’s Health
- Bison Against Climate Change