Animal People, Inc. posted an update 3 months, 3 weeks ago
“Norwegian legislation requires farmed fish to be stunned prior to slaughter. Previously, CO2 was used for stunning, however this method was banned in 2012 following pressure from the Norwegian Animal Protection Alliance. CO2 is believed to cause a feeling of suffocation in fish. Today, two methods for stunning are used: electric stunning and percussive stunning.”
- Humane Society Legislative Fund releases endorsements for 2018 United States elections
- Iran’s first animal shelter, against all odds: Vafa’s Story
- What I learned about homeless animals from Hurricane Maria
- Compassion fatigue: Is your work taking a toll?
- With another orca presumed dead, Canada must protect orcas and stop Trans Mountain pipeline expansion
- Flourishing Vietnamese wildlife crime gangs pose mounting threat to animals
- Resources for people and animals affected by Hurricane Florence
- Saving the sentinels of the skies: Kenya’s rapid-response vulture unit
- New York City Vigil to End Chicken Kaporos
- Declaration of the Rights of Elephants: A Call for Elephant Personhood in India
- Animal Hoarding: What is it and what can be done?
- HeARTs Speak: Using Art to Help Save Lives