Hobbling is the practice by which an animal, normally an equine, has their limbs tied together to restrict their movement. This method of restraint is very old and quite common in some areas, including rural […]
PUBLISHER’S NOTE: As a matter of policy, publication of content on the Animal People Forum does not imply that Animal People, Inc. agrees with or endorses the ideas expressed within. As a 501(c)3 charity, Animal P […]
Absolutely shameful for any governmental body to deny extending compassion and protection to their animals. It’s a statement on their very progress and humanity as a country. I hope all Greek advocates will continue their efforts to bring about positive changes. At least the one thing we Greeks are known for is our ability to persevere (some might call it “being stubborn”).
A fine has recently been imposed on Attica Zoological Park in Athens, Greece, for violation of Greek animal welfare laws and environmental ordinances during dolphin shows. This fine is a result of a long […]
On December 5th 2018, Panhellenic Animal Welfare and Environmental Federation (PFPO) sent a letter to Mr. Nikos Paraskevopoulos, Chairperson of the Greek Parliamentary Committee, calling for a revision to the […]
On October 6th, the Greek city of Athens held the country’s first instance of the Official Animal Rights March. The event was well-attended and no doubt left a strong imprint on the history of the animal […]
On the 20th of September, our organization, the Panhellenic Animal Welfare and Environmental Federation (PFPO), participated in a meeting organized by Hellenic Police, which was held at the Athens War […]
Arietta Marinitsi, Panhellic Animal Welfare and Environmental Federation changed their profile picture 8 months, 1 week ago
Arietta Marinitsi, Panhellic Animal Welfare and Environmental Federation became a registered member 8 months, 4 weeks ago
- A Beginner’s Guide to Birdwatching in the UK’s New Forest National Park
- Global Dairy Companies Exposed in Vegan Protest outside the London Eye
- South Africa’s 2019 Lion Bone Export Quota a ‘Big Middle Finger to Conservation’
- Animal Cruelty Charges Dropped Because Fish Are Not “Animals” Under North Carolina Law
- Shriners International: Stop Abusing Elephants in Circuses!
- Are Sanctuaries an Acceptable Solution for “Excess” Wild Horses?
- Helping India’s Street Dogs
- California Residents: New Action Needed to Save Animals from Deadly Poisons!
- June 7th: First World Swift Day
- The B Word: Communicating Biodiversity to a World That Doesn’t Care Enough
- The Trouble With Horse Racing
- Exposed: Trophy Hunting Lobbyists Pose as Conservationists