The National Council of SPCAs (NSPCA) welcomes the judgement of the Pietermaritzburg High Court prohibiting the export of elephants from South Africa.
The High Court action followed when circus owner Mr Brian […]
Lawmakers in Taiwan have announced that the eating of dogs and cats has been banned. South Africa’s National Council of SPCAs adds our voice of approval to this internationally hailed advance for animal […]
The National Council of SPCAs in South Africa is delighted to report a positive, uplifting and heart-warming outcome relating to donkeys rescued from the horrific trade in their skins.
We report that five donkeys […]
“Certain programmes that reside in the Charities Sector, including Animal Welfare Organisations, have been excluded from the current Open Call for Applications.”
This was the message received by the National Cou […]
Having obtained a warrant to enter the property of the Excelsior Lion Farm near Tosca in the North West province, NSPCA personnel uncovered evidence of large numbers of donkeys having been inhumanely slaughtered. […]
Organisers of the South African Million Dollar Pigeon Race (SAMDR) disregarded the NSPCA’s warning, and reports of inclement weather, when they transported birds to the release site with the undoubted intention o […]
Sougson Manasseh, Madhihwa Mjasha, Target Murima, and Amoni Chirwa were sentenced to 8 months’ imprisonment without the option of a fine in the Polokwane Magistrates Court on 25 October 2016. They had admitted […]
The NSPCA’s Farm Animal Protection Unit has uncovered another horrific donkey killing site in the Northern Cape, where hundreds of donkeys were illegally and brutally slaughtered on a farm in O […]
- What is the Defending Palestine conference?
- Animals Are Persons Too
- WORLD NEWS: Fur Bans, Bison Killing, & Wildlife Trafficking (4/3/18)
- Is transformation in South Africa only possible through a consumptive wildlife economy?
- Duke University study finds elephant declines imperil 96 percent of Central Africa’s forests
- Asia For Animals Coalition responds to cigarette-smoking orangutan at Indonesia’s Bandung Zoo
- Is Fur a Jewish Issue?
- How to Choose the Perfect Food for Your Dog
- The Intersectionality of Women’s and Animal Rights
- Two New RedRover Programs Help More Domestic Violence Survivors and Pets
- WORLD NEWS: Cloning, Dog Shows & Children at Bullfights (3/3/18)
- New York Fashion Week Through Vegan Eyes