For a long time wildlife has been considered a resource for humans. Policies have reflected this point of view and the animals’ needs and welfare have been considered only secondarily, if at all. This point of v […]
Talk given at VegFest Colorado on July 23rd, 2017. Full written transcript below.
My talk last year was on the past of the animal rights movement. This year I’m going to give you my vision of the future. There w […]
Tunza Games: A place where people save the wild animals. Click https://www.tunzagames.com/conservation-crisis-the-game to learn more.
I’m going to start with the past of the animal rights movement and move forward. A lot of people feel that the animal rights movement grew out of the environmental movement, but that’s actually not […]
- Humane Society Legislative Fund releases endorsements for 2018 United States elections
- Iran’s first animal shelter, against all odds: Vafa’s Story
- What I learned about homeless animals from Hurricane Maria
- Compassion fatigue: Is your work taking a toll?
- With another orca presumed dead, Canada must protect orcas and stop Trans Mountain pipeline expansion
- Flourishing Vietnamese wildlife crime gangs pose mounting threat to animals
- Resources for people and animals affected by Hurricane Florence
- Saving the sentinels of the skies: Kenya’s rapid-response vulture unit
- New York City Vigil to End Chicken Kaporos
- Declaration of the Rights of Elephants: A Call for Elephant Personhood in India
- Animal Hoarding: What is it and what can be done?
- HeARTs Speak: Using Art to Help Save Lives