For a long time wildlife has been considered a resource for humans. Policies have reflected this point of view and the animals’ needs and welfare have been considered only secondarily, if at all. This point of v […]
Talk given at VegFest Colorado on July 23rd, 2017. Full written transcript below.
My talk last year was on the past of the animal rights movement. This year I’m going to give you my vision of the future. There w […]
Tunza Games: A place where people save the wild animals. Click https://www.tunzagames.com/conservation-crisis-the-game to learn more.
I’m going to start with the past of the animal rights movement and move forward. A lot of people feel that the animal rights movement grew out of the environmental movement, but that’s actually not […]
- WORLD NEWS: Bird Poaching, Brumbies and the U.S. Farm Bill (7/7/18)
- Sign the petition to stop mass killing of stray dogs in Tirana, Albania
- My Life with Animals: Memoir by a Friend of Animals (free download)
- Sacrificing Pygmy Elephants for Palm Oil Plantations
- Wildlife Policy Reconsidered
- Shooting of Zoo Chimpanzee a Preventable Tragedy
- Service and Support Dogs: Welfarism versus Rights
- POETRY: Sandyford 10/6/18
- Good Laws, Bad Implementation: The State of Animal Protection in India
- Celebrating National Animal Rights Day in Taiwan
- The Ethical Cost of Killing for Conservation
- Looking beyond the conservation status quo – Ethical Conservation Course applications now open!