AUTHOR’S NOTE: This essay was first published on February 9, 2007, on Daily Kos, a supposedly progressive website with millions of visitors per month. (It remains perhaps the largest site in the world controlled b […]
By Patrice Greanville
YESTERDAY I came upon this story. I quote it so that you may grasp the full flavor of this extremely sad event, yet, so common in our experience. The news was carried by The Washington […]
(Photo credit: Kim Bartlett – Animal People, Inc.)
The Dog Care Field Manual:
How to care for mangy run-down dogs in 2nd and 3rd world countries
(and in developed countries, too)
by Harrell Graham
“Most leftists, I believe, don’t have a problem with such comparisons. It’s only when human suffering is compared to animal suffering that these analogies become truly objectionable…”
By Jon […]
(Crosspost with Cyrano’s Journal Today)
his year marks the 20th anniversary of wolf reintroduction in Yellowstone National Park. From 66 released originally they’ve increased to over 300 and are no longer […]
By Denise Fleck
n her tell-all memoir, Rebel in High Heels, long-time animal activist, Charlotte Laws, shares lessons learned in building character, being creative and developing both courage and […]
- Tough choices ahead for South Africa’s Kruger National Park
- A vegan revolution in Israel: fact or fiction?
- Hansen Stakes Claim as Champion for Animals in Alabama Senate Primary
- Audio-Psychic Signals: A Unique Approach to Animal Communication
- Tiger moths in spotlight during National Moth Week 2017
- Animal Rights Campaign Sets National Record in India!
- Why is Kent Wildlife Trust chaired by a hare and pheasant hunter?
- Koalas ‘being driven towards extinction’
- Chickens Killed in Barn Fire Were Individuals, Not Farm Equipment
- Marine Extinctions an Unavoidable Cost of Deep Sea Mining
- Local animal lovers help make spay/neuter campaign a success in Parscov, Romania!
- Better Capture Techniques Needed to Prevent Wild Animal Deaths