The Fur Free Retailer program welcomes YOOX NET-A-PORTER as the 750th apparel company to join the program since its formation in 2002. The program is run in more than 20 countries worldwide by the Fur Free […]
Demand for fur products in China is growing, due to the rise in economic standards and online marketing by fur retailers. Traditionally, adults were the main consumers of fur products, but the market has more […]
ACTAsia is pleased to announce that local authorities in China have put in place a ban on the sale of dog meat leading up to the Yulin Dog Meat Festival, during which thousands of dogs and cats suffer violent […]
Back in 2012, the Year of the Rabbit heralded the start of an ironic welfare issue for pet bunnies in China. While the Chinese began buying the latest must-have pet in a furry frenzy of enthusiasm, both vets and […]
A rigorous evaluation of ACTAsia’s Caring for Life program (CLE) has determined that our humane education syllabus is shaping the values of the children taking part.
Throughout the 2014/15 school year, three l […]
As a charity, ACTAsia believes that the best way to put an end to animal cruelty is through education. Far too many people are unaware that their lifestyle and consumer choices are the driving force behind some […]
(Featured image: raccoon dogs on Chinese fur farm. Credit Animal Equality International, used under CC BY-NC 2.0)
Most fur sold globally is from farmed animals, with Europe and China being the largest […]
This year, our Fur Free Life campaign has taken a new focus. While animal suffering and the lack of animal protection legislation remain at the heart of our campaign for a Fur Free Life, our educational publicity […]
At the start of our tenth anniversary year, we are proud to review the progress ACTAsia has made in 2015. Our work has touched the lives of so many people and animals, and made a resoundingly positive impact on […]
ACTAsia sent out the following Press Release in China with billboard advertising to encourage a Fur Free Life.
Poisons could be slowly killing you and your children.
Not through your food or through the air […]
ACTAsia raises awareness about the exploitation of people, animals and the environment in consumer product industries. China has the largest population in the world and one of the fastest growing economies, so the […]
- Humane Society Legislative Fund releases endorsements for 2018 United States elections
- Iran’s first animal shelter, against all odds: Vafa’s Story
- What I learned about homeless animals from Hurricane Maria
- Compassion fatigue: Is your work taking a toll?
- With another orca presumed dead, Canada must protect orcas and stop Trans Mountain pipeline expansion
- Flourishing Vietnamese wildlife crime gangs pose mounting threat to animals
- Resources for people and animals affected by Hurricane Florence
- Saving the sentinels of the skies: Kenya’s rapid-response vulture unit
- New York City Vigil to End Chicken Kaporos
- Declaration of the Rights of Elephants: A Call for Elephant Personhood in India
- Animal Hoarding: What is it and what can be done?
- HeARTs Speak: Using Art to Help Save Lives