The 27 U.S. National Monuments now under review for downsizing are some of the most uniquely beautiful wild lands on the planet earth, with spectacular mountain ranges, enchanting rock formations, magnificent wild […]
This is Part Two of a comment sent to the Department of the Interior and the Bureau of Land Management for their Federal Coal Review. Although it relates to one county, Kane County, in southern Utah, it is […]
The Department of the Interior and the Bureau of Land Management are conducting a three-year Review of the Federal Coal Program. Around 40 percent of U.S. coal is produced on public lands. These are the same lands […]
A hundred years ago, sixteen million Sage Grouse danced their elaborate, fascinating courtship dance across the sagebrush sea of the western states. Today, 98 percent of these wonderful birds are […]
To read part one first, click here.
In his Reno Gazette article, Craig Downer makes the case that the wild horse is truly a wild, native species. As is widely acknowledged by the scientific community, the […]
Their manes flowing in the wind, wild horses represent the essence of the joy and freedom of the wild – a state of grace and innocence. In the early morning they amble single file towards a stream where they d […]
Nearly 300 years ago, Bhagwan Chowdhary, a Nepalese man who’d been thrown into prison, prayed to the goddess Gadhimai for help, promising to sacrifice animals to her if she would get him out of jail. He was f […]
- Looking beyond the conservation status quo – Ethical Conservation Course applications now open!
- It’s time to ‘Raise Pigs Right’
- Greyhound industry targeting children
- South African Army horses neglected
- Croatia’s biggest ever dog protection campaign now underway!
- A Massive Rally in China for Punishing Animal Abusers
- Leopard tortoises languishing in South African rehab centres
- Irish Hare at risk of extinction from hunting and coursing
- Why Your Family Dog is Good for Your Children’s Health
- Bison Against Climate Change
- Alligators on the beach? Killer whales in rivers? Get used to it.
- Wild Animals Are Not Plush Toys