Every now and then, we receive reports of orphaned Borneo pygmy elephants being rescued by the Sabah Wildlife Department (SWD). These baby elephants haven’t just gotten lost – their mothers are nowhere to be f […]
Friends of the Earth Malaysia (FOEM) is highly disturbed to learn of a recent fire in Yong Peng, near Batu Pahat, Johor, in which a chicken coop was razed to the ground along with 74,000 young chicks inside. A […]
This is really such a heartbreaking story. I wish people who have the ability to switch to a vegetarian or vegan diet would do so and eliminate the need to kill animals at all, but as long as animals are killed for meat and exploited for their eggs and dairy, I agree that providing for their comfort and security from agonizing death is the very least society should do.
Some weeks ago, we learnt of the tragic death of a 6 meter crocodile after being rescued from a dam in Klang, Malaysia. To be able to live and grow up to that size is no mean feat, having escaped from its […]
Every so often pictures of the Malaysian Civil Defence Force (JPAM) are featured in Malaysian news media, showing them holding pythons and cobras caught by their men.
Friends of the Earth Malaysia (FOEM) is […]
Elephants are no match for poachers. The macabre butchering of two Borneo pygmy elephants, found dead on December 31, 2016, shows that poachers abound in almost every corner of the country, waiting to strike when […]
Sahabat Alam Malaysia (SAM) was recently heartened to hear from the D’Residence Residents Committee about the presence of otters at their gated community. Being cute and intelligent animals, otters are a sight t […]
Each time a crocodile appears, people go into a frenzy. Each time a crocodile attacks a person, the media paints a picture of fearsome aggressive beasts that reign terror on unsuspecting victims.
That they are […]
Sahabat Alam Malaysia / Friends of the Earth Malaysia‘s profile was updated 3 months, 3 weeks ago
Sahabat Alam Malaysia (SAM) is strongly opposed to the exploitation of wildlife for the exotic skins trade, mainly for the luxury fashion industry. The trade in exotic animal skins, and those of reptiles in […]
- Fashion Giants Agree That the Future of Fashion is Fur Free
- Ask the Catholic Church to condemn the bullfight!
- New Report on Cat and Dog Fur in China
- The Powerful Mechanics of Undercover Investigations in Building Up a Movement
- RedRover Helps Animals in Need Displaced By Hurricane Irma
- A Humane Future: Moral, judicial, and legislative approaches to a world of compassion for animals
- Sea change in anti-whaling activism as Sea Shepherd withdraws from ‘whale wars’
- Wildlife watching soars as hunting dies off, says new U.S. report
- U.K. proposes cameras in all English slaughterhouses
- Lebanon adopts first animal welfare law
- Highland Harvest: Vegan Recipes for Four Traditional Scottish Dishes
- How to Begin Your Vegan Journey