Friends of the Earth Malaysia (FOEM) is highly disturbed to learn of a recent fire in Yong Peng, near Batu Pahat, Johor, in which a chicken coop was razed to the ground along with 74,000 young chicks inside. A […]
This is really such a heartbreaking story. I wish people who have the ability to switch to a vegetarian or vegan diet would do so and eliminate the need to kill animals at all, but as long as animals are killed for meat and exploited for their eggs and dairy, I agree that providing for their comfort and security from agonizing death is the very least society should do.
Some weeks ago, we learnt of the tragic death of a 6 meter crocodile after being rescued from a dam in Klang, Malaysia. To be able to live and grow up to that size is no mean feat, having escaped from its […]
Every so often pictures of the Malaysian Civil Defence Force (JPAM) are featured in Malaysian news media, showing them holding pythons and cobras caught by their men.
Friends of the Earth Malaysia (FOEM) is […]
Elephants are no match for poachers. The macabre butchering of two Borneo pygmy elephants, found dead on December 31, 2016, shows that poachers abound in almost every corner of the country, waiting to strike when […]
Sahabat Alam Malaysia (SAM) was recently heartened to hear from the D’Residence Residents Committee about the presence of otters at their gated community. Being cute and intelligent animals, otters are a sight t […]
Each time a crocodile appears, people go into a frenzy. Each time a crocodile attacks a person, the media paints a picture of fearsome aggressive beasts that reign terror on unsuspecting victims.
That they are […]
Sahabat Alam Malaysia / Friends of the Earth Malaysia‘s profile was updated 1 month, 2 weeks ago
Sahabat Alam Malaysia (SAM) is strongly opposed to the exploitation of wildlife for the exotic skins trade, mainly for the luxury fashion industry. The trade in exotic animal skins, and those of reptiles in […]
- Tough choices ahead for South Africa’s Kruger National Park
- A vegan revolution in Israel: fact or fiction?
- Hansen Stakes Claim as Champion for Animals in Alabama Senate Primary
- Audio-Psychic Signals: A Unique Approach to Animal Communication
- Tiger moths in spotlight during National Moth Week 2017
- Animal Rights Campaign Sets National Record in India!
- Why is Kent Wildlife Trust chaired by a hare and pheasant hunter?
- Koalas ‘being driven towards extinction’
- Chickens Killed in Barn Fire Were Individuals, Not Farm Equipment
- Marine Extinctions an Unavoidable Cost of Deep Sea Mining
- Local animal lovers help make spay/neuter campaign a success in Parscov, Romania!
- Better Capture Techniques Needed to Prevent Wild Animal Deaths