Eating dog or cat meat in China is not illegal, but animal lovers say the industry is so steeped in criminality that existing laws can bring it down.
China’s animal charities are determined to highlight the c […]
Thirty-five Chinese Animal Charities have put their name to an open letter requesting animal rescuers no longer buy dogs at the Yulin dog meat festival.
With international and local media coverage of the […]
I am seeing a ton of this on social media right now–Look at these dogs we saved from Yulin! Yet aquariums could (and have) make the same argument when they buy dolphins from drive fisheries–we’re “saving” them.
Perhaps more dogs are being bred or captured intentionally just so Westerners will bring their cash to rescue them.
(Featured image: caged moon bear in Nanning, China bear farm. Animals Asia took custody of the farm and began rehabilitating the bears in April 2014. From Flickr, available under CC BY-NC 2.0)
By Dave Neale, […]
(All photos courtesy Animals Asia Foundation. All rights reserved)
A group of six puppies that narrowly escaped death after being buried alive in China have been given a new lease of life by international […]
2 October 2015
The slickness of our latest rescue in Vietnam surprised even me. Our teams in both China and Vietnam are superbly professional in moving bears from rusting bile farm cages and handling […]
- Cruel massacre of dogs by Penang Town Council
- 9 Tips to Shop Animal-Free
- Birds of a Feather, a story of healing for veterans and parrots
- WORLD NEWS: Seal Hunting, Live Export & Rescue Gone Wrong (4/21/18)
- How South African wildlife is helpless against money and influence
- Staten Island deer sterilization a success story for humane population control
- What is the Defending Palestine conference?
- Animals Are Persons Too
- WORLD NEWS: Fur Bans, Bison Killing, & Wildlife Trafficking (4/3/18)
- Is transformation in South Africa only possible through a consumptive wildlife economy?
- Duke University study finds elephant declines imperil 96 percent of Central Africa’s forests
- Asia For Animals Coalition responds to cigarette-smoking orangutan at Indonesia’s Bandung Zoo