Eating dog or cat meat in China is not illegal, but animal lovers say the industry is so steeped in criminality that existing laws can bring it down.
China’s animal charities are determined to highlight the c […]
Thirty-five Chinese Animal Charities have put their name to an open letter requesting animal rescuers no longer buy dogs at the Yulin dog meat festival.
With international and local media coverage of the […]
I am seeing a ton of this on social media right now–Look at these dogs we saved from Yulin! Yet aquariums could (and have) make the same argument when they buy dolphins from drive fisheries–we’re “saving” them.
Perhaps more dogs are being bred or captured intentionally just so Westerners will bring their cash to rescue them.
(Featured image: caged moon bear in Nanning, China bear farm. Animals Asia took custody of the farm and began rehabilitating the bears in April 2014. From Flickr, available under CC BY-NC 2.0)
By Dave Neale, […]
(All photos courtesy Animals Asia Foundation. All rights reserved)
A group of six puppies that narrowly escaped death after being buried alive in China have been given a new lease of life by international […]
2 October 2015
The slickness of our latest rescue in Vietnam surprised even me. Our teams in both China and Vietnam are superbly professional in moving bears from rusting bile farm cages and handling […]
- Beware Introducing Alien Species Into Our Environment
- WORLD NEWS: Bird Poaching, Brumbies and the U.S. Farm Bill (7/7/18)
- Sign the petition to stop mass killing of stray dogs in Tirana, Albania
- My Life with Animals: Memoir by a Friend of Animals (free download)
- Sacrificing Pygmy Elephants for Palm Oil Plantations
- Wildlife Policy Reconsidered
- Shooting of Zoo Chimpanzee a Preventable Tragedy
- Service and Support Dogs: Welfarism versus Rights
- POETRY: Sandyford 10/6/18
- Good Laws, Bad Implementation: The State of Animal Protection in India
- Celebrating National Animal Rights Day in Taiwan
- The Ethical Cost of Killing for Conservation