I wrote this article in reaction to a letter sent to the Chinese government by well-known hunting apologist Eugene Lapointe. After wrapping himself in a cloak of assumed credibility arising from previous […]
Here I respond to an article on lions published in Nature Conservation online:
International law and lions (Panthera leo): understanding and improving the contribution of wildlife treaties to the conservation […]
A tribute to Bev on the anniversary of her death.
Bev Pervan died from cancer on 30th April last year, 2016. We remember her today because of the impact she made on animal welfare in South Africa.
Timbavati Nature Reserve in South Africa, adjacent to Kruger National Park and a member of the APNR (Association of Private Nature Reserves), was recently approved to permit the hunting of more than 5,000 wild […]
Author, wildlife campaigner
Director, Campaign Against Canned Hunting (CACH)
In AD 1028, when the Anglo Nordic King Canute decided to sit on […]
It’s a wonderful article. We have sponsored it on our Facebook page so as to increase the number of people who will hopefully read and be challenged by it. https://www.facebook.com/animalpeoplenews.org/posts/1343401972348886
- Animal Rescue Team Assaulted in Name of ‘Cow Protection’
- Providing Care & Pursuing Justice for Dogs in the Philippines
- Asia for Animals: Changing Human Behaviour
- Pouring cold water on ‘sustainable use’
- ‘The pig that wanted to be eaten:’ A discussion on the representation of animals in consumer culture
- Defending Palestine: Human and Animal Liberation Come Together in May 2018 Conference
- Animal Personhood: Time to Push for Animals’ Rights in India
- Dog Field Care Manual (free download)
- Judaism and Animal Rights
- Cattle-Ogue: Unveiling the Truth of the Indian Dairy Industry
- New orangutan species identified in Indonesia
- PAWS on ‘Balangiga:’ Animal Cruelty Has No Place in Filmmaking!