Animal People, Inc. posted an update 1 week, 6 days ago
“World agriculture will absorb two-thirds of all climate change costs by 2050. That means that both the climate and capitalism’s agricultural model are in the midst of an abrupt and irreversible moment of change. There is little reason to imagine that climate change won’t break the modern food system. Worse, industrial food production is a breeding ground for pandemic disease, and reasoned analysis suggests that the kind of concentrated animal-feeding operations that bring us cheap meat will also bring viruses that could decimate the human population. Again, this is nothing new. Just as early-modern climate change and the plague brought about the end of feudalism and the beginning of capitalism, so we face a future in which climate change and a vulnerability to big systemic shocks augur a dramatic end for capitalism’s ecology.”
- Croatia’s biggest ever dog protection campaign now underway!
- A Massive Rally in China for Punishing Animal Abusers
- Leopard tortoises languishing in South African rehab centres
- Irish Hare at risk of extinction from hunting and coursing
- Why Your Family Dog is Good for Your Children’s Health
- Bison Against Climate Change
- Alligators on the beach? Killer whales in rivers? Get used to it.
- Wild Animals Are Not Plush Toys
- FIAPO calls for legal animal personhood in India
- CANADA: A Protest Poem
- Cruel massacre of dogs by Penang Town Council
- 9 Tips to Shop Animal-Free