After Englishman Charles Leslie Wartenberg learned that some ethnic groups in the Philippines eat dogs, he organized a small group of Filipinos in the late 1990s to rescue dogs from slaughter. He formally applied […]
The Philippine rural setting leaves no chance for a dog to be exclusively raised by its family. Due mostly to a lack of fencing, dogs go in and out of the house and straight into the village road.
These rural […]
(Featured image: Live dogs, slaughter-bound, inside an enclosed van rescued by AKF in the northern lowlands)
By Greg Salido Quimpo – Campaign Manager, AKF
When the uninitiated discover that dogs in the […]
- Tough choices ahead for South Africa’s Kruger National Park
- A vegan revolution in Israel: fact or fiction?
- Hansen Stakes Claim as Champion for Animals in Alabama Senate Primary
- Audio-Psychic Signals: A Unique Approach to Animal Communication
- Tiger moths in spotlight during National Moth Week 2017
- Animal Rights Campaign Sets National Record in India!
- Why is Kent Wildlife Trust chaired by a hare and pheasant hunter?
- Koalas ‘being driven towards extinction’
- Chickens Killed in Barn Fire Were Individuals, Not Farm Equipment
- Marine Extinctions an Unavoidable Cost of Deep Sea Mining
- Local animal lovers help make spay/neuter campaign a success in Parscov, Romania!
- Better Capture Techniques Needed to Prevent Wild Animal Deaths