After Englishman Charles Leslie Wartenberg learned that some ethnic groups in the Philippines eat dogs, he organized a small group of Filipinos in the late 1990s to rescue dogs from slaughter. He formally applied […]
The Philippine rural setting leaves no chance for a dog to be exclusively raised by its family. Due mostly to a lack of fencing, dogs go in and out of the house and straight into the village road.
These rural […]
(Featured image: Live dogs, slaughter-bound, inside an enclosed van rescued by AKF in the northern lowlands)
By Greg Salido Quimpo – Campaign Manager, AKF
When the uninitiated discover that dogs in the […]
- Captured Snakes Are Not Objects for Photo Ops
- 5 Tips to Improve First Aid for Street Animals
- Rather Than Kill Animals “Softly,” Don’t Kill Them At All
- ‘The Grace of Dogs,’ a journey to understand the canine soul
- Custom Heavy as Frost and Deep Almost as Life – What Do We Mean by Socialization?
- Location of Unique Species Discoveries Should Be Kept Secret
- Abortion and Animal Rights: Does Either Topic Lead to the Other?
- Need for Complete Cow Slaughter Ban in India
- Donkey thrown to tigers in debt dispute – Asia for Animals seeks answers
- Downsizing Our National Monuments?
- Development Plans Threaten Otters in Penang, Malaysia
- Religion: Friend or Foe of Animal Activism?