After Englishman Charles Leslie Wartenberg learned that some ethnic groups in the Philippines eat dogs, he organized a small group of Filipinos in the late 1990s to rescue dogs from slaughter. He formally applied […]
The Philippine rural setting leaves no chance for a dog to be exclusively raised by its family. Due mostly to a lack of fencing, dogs go in and out of the house and straight into the village road.
These rural […]
(Featured image: Live dogs, slaughter-bound, inside an enclosed van rescued by AKF in the northern lowlands)
By Greg Salido Quimpo – Campaign Manager, AKF
When the uninitiated discover that dogs in the […]
- Help bring cat killer to justice – call on Japan to strengthen anti-cruelty laws!
- The TNVR Song, a lighter side to spay/neuter!
- Lions and Treaties: Why we need a bold new conservation paradigm if lions are to avoid extinction
- Fashion Giants Agree That the Future of Fashion is Fur Free
- Ask the Catholic Church to condemn the bullfight!
- New Report on Cat and Dog Fur in China
- The Powerful Mechanics of Undercover Investigations in Building Up a Movement
- RedRover Helps Animals in Need Displaced By Hurricane Irma
- A Humane Future: Moral, judicial, and legislative approaches to a world of compassion for animals
- Sea change in anti-whaling activism as Sea Shepherd withdraws from ‘whale wars’
- Wildlife watching soars as hunting dies off, says new U.S. report
- U.K. proposes cameras in all English slaughterhouses