For more than a decade and with many others, I have been trying to think through the multiple entanglements between human and non-human joys and suffering. Our thinking about human issues necessarily involves thinking about animal issues. Similarly, considering animals expands our understanding of the world around us including some of the most pressing issues at hand, such as climate change, food justice, racial violence, and colonial legacies of dispossession and environmental degradation.
- Humane Society Legislative Fund releases endorsements for 2018 United States elections
- Iran’s first animal shelter, against all odds: Vafa’s Story
- What I learned about homeless animals from Hurricane Maria
- Compassion fatigue: Is your work taking a toll?
- With another orca presumed dead, Canada must protect orcas and stop Trans Mountain pipeline expansion
- Flourishing Vietnamese wildlife crime gangs pose mounting threat to animals
- Resources for people and animals affected by Hurricane Florence
- Saving the sentinels of the skies: Kenya’s rapid-response vulture unit
- New York City Vigil to End Chicken Kaporos
- Declaration of the Rights of Elephants: A Call for Elephant Personhood in India
- Animal Hoarding: What is it and what can be done?
- HeARTs Speak: Using Art to Help Save Lives